Rainbowfishes: Their Care and Keeping in Captivity by Adrian R. Tappin is a 493 page ebook that details all aspects of keeping these colorful freshwater species. The goal of this book according to the author is to be a comprehensive and illustrated guide to the extraordinary rainbowfishes found in New Guinea and australia.
The book covers all aspects of keeping these colorful freshwater fish:
- History (3 pages)
- Distribution and Habitat (22 pages)
- Collection and Shipping (12 pages)
- Keeping and Caring (38 pages)
- Breeding and Raising (18 pages)
- Food and Feeding (53 pages)
- Rainbowfish Species (267 pages)
- Disease Prevention and Control (49 pages)
It’s comprehensive and is a must for any serious rainbowfish keeper. The live food section alone makes it worth the download (covers microalgae, copepods, rotifers, microworms, vinegar eels, brine shrimp, mosquito larvae, drosophila, and more).
I’m currently thinking about getting back into breeding rainbowfishes and I’ll definitely be taking the time to read over this ebook.
(via Practical Fishkeeping)