Back in December, 2013 I went on a little rant regarding how unsightly and bulky most mass produced overflows can be. At the time Reef Savvy had only teased us with a few pictures of their “Ghost Overflow”. I was able to see them in person a few months prior at MACNA Miami and instantly fell in love. What I wasn’t aware of at the time is that this overflow was actually co-designed with Synergy Reef, best known for their uber bright custom sumps. Synergy Reef has just announced that these units are in stock and ready to ship for you to install on any aquarium. The price point comes in at $199.99 retail, which is more than reasonable for such an awesome overflow.
Here’s what Synergy has to say about their Reef Overflow:
This is the Synergy Reef Overflow. Originally co-designed with Reef Savvy and released as the “Ghost Overflow”, we have now changed it to the “Synergy Reef Overflow”. It has been talked about for over 2 years and is finally for sale directly from us! Not only did we co-design this overflow, but we have done extensive testing over that time frame.
Here are some of the key features of this overflow:
- Ultra slim design with the internal overflow only 1.35″ in thickness!
- Nearly Invisible when installed.
- Removable magnetic weir for easy maintenance and cleaning.
- Dead Silent!
- Rear box allows for various plumbing combinations, including the full siphon system. No other overflow manufacture offers these features in a plug and play overflow solution!
- Will work on any non tempered and acrylic tanks up to 1/2″ Thick (Rimless and Plastic trimmed tanks all work!)
- Simple installation
1500 Gallon Per Hour Flow Rates!
Front Overflow Box
16″ x 1.35″ x 5.75″ Slimmest Internal Overflow on the market!
2 x 1.5″ ABS Bulkheads (Fits up to 1/2″ Glass or Acrylic tanks)
Removable Magnetic Weir (Only overflow design available with this feature, Allows you to clean the teeth on the weir.)
16″ x 3.5″ x 6″
3 x 1″ ABS Bulkheads
3 Pipe Full Siphon Overflow capability!
Includes the following:
Front Overflow Box with 2 x 1.5″ ABS Bulkheads and 1 Removable Weir (extras can be purchased separately)
Rear Box with 3 x 1″ ABS Bulkheads
All Needed rubber gaskets
editor’s note, 4/23/18: a similar product can now be found HERE