The Atlantik V4 Compact retains the same “fully body” acrylic construction, feature set, and form factor as the V3. What’s changed is the LED array, which now includes sixteen different LEDs that span 380nm (UV-A) to 850nm (infrared) – the widest spectrum of any aquarium light on the market. In total, the 42 LEDs are arranged as follows:
The infrared LEDs, while certainly unique, don’t really offer much in way of usable energy since 1) it’s not really photosynthetically useful and 2) 800nm+ will barely penetrate saltwater anyhow. If nothing else, it is a clever way of marketing the Atlantik V4 as the widest spectrum reef light. The UV LED and eight different types of blue and indigo LEDs, on the other hand, are very useful and appropriate for reef life.
- New 42 customized high efficiency 5w Dual-Chip power LEDs
- New 16 different types of Dual-Chip LEDs. 380nm UV to 850nm Infrared
- Four separate control and programming channels.
- “Internet of Things”: Built in WiFi allows for full control via free downloadable app
- Mean Well driver (model CLG-150-36A)
Power consumption: 120~130 watt
Coverage: 39″ x 27″ (100 x 70cm)
- Length: 13.58” (345mm)
- Width: 9.37” (238mm)
- Height: 2.11” (53.6mm)
Price: Currently $620 USD with Free Shipping ($770 normal price)