Supreme Liquid Salt is a new salt made in Italy by Oceanlife. Marine salt is one of the basic components of marine aquariums and choosing the right salt is an important first step in keeping your reef aquarium. As Oceanlife proclaims: “You don’t have to choose between various qualities and compositions because the only right one is the sea’s one“. But today we’re going to present a new type of salt that is going to soon be on the market. It’s Supreme Liquid Salt by Oceanlife. Oceanlife wanted to respect its previous statement and affirms that it has “created” this type of salt in order to offer a product that perfectly imitates nature. Oceanlife states:“Supreme Liquid Salt is formulated and accurately mixed inside our factory and using only pharmaceutical quality salts in order to reproduce natural salty water (NSW) in the most accurate way”.
This salt has to be mixed; it comes in three bottles, called Supreme Liquid Salt part 1/3, Supreme Liquid Salt part 2/3 and Supreme Trace. This last one is the most important for the adjustment of micro elements. OceanLife also states: “The formulation in three phases ensures a big advantage with easy use. All the elements are dispersed in the water in the same way, independently from their own concentration. The system allows the user to adjust the eventual overabundances of some elements, thanks to the automatic software and the optional use of supplements for individual elements”. The three compounds should contain all the elements of the natural salty water, and thanks to its formulation, the water is ready in seconds. “Thanks to its intelligent formulation, it allows for corrections by decreasing the trace elements in case you observe an accumulation by the ICP analysis. If you want to execute this procedure you just have to follow the instructions of the Balance software in the Reef Utilities section”.
Benefits declared by Oceanlife:
- Easy to use. Easier than using a salty powder, even for beginners;
- Speed of preparation. Water immediately ready for the change with stable values;
- No leftovers in the bottles. Using pharmaceutical quality salts, the quality of the whole water is superior to any other salt on the market;
- Stable quantity of macro and micro elements in each package and same quality between the various production batches;
- No damage by humidity thanks to its liquid formulation, even when open it doesn’t deteriorate like salty powder;
- Thanks to part 3, through the use of Balance software, you can adjust the values of the micro elements if they’re too high after the ICP test;
We can’t express a personal opinion about this salt because we haven’t had the opportunity to test it yet. Plus we don’t know its chemical elements so we can’t say anything more. We hope to have it available soon so that we can do our review. [Translated by Agnese Poggi]