samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
My RODI was working very well for the past 4 months, then the PSI started to drop from 50 to 10. Replaced all filter except for the RO membrane but that does not wear out so quickly. Got it brand new, nothing have really changed. I also try to flush it, didn't really help. Anyone got any idea why? I also added a booster pump, it went from 10 to 35 psi now but would really like to get down to the bottom of the problem. thanks in advance for your input.

liverock

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Sounds like something may be clogging the supply line. Try disconnecting it and running water through it without being hooked up to do. Also you could try removing the the sediment filter and see if its clogged in the inlet to the ro

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Do you have a flow restrictor in place?

I google the image of the flow restrictor. Looks like i have one with the clutter of the rodi tubing, resting on the top.

If you take all the filter cartridges out and turn the water on do you still have the same problem?
i'll try that and see what the PRESSURE IS....very good point. thanks!

Nottick

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Go to manufacture reference and make sure your auto shut off valve is installed correctly. Also where is your pressure valve located? If your pressure valve is located on the output end then of course you'll get no pressure because it is lightly restricted. If all else fails start disconnecting lines one by one and see where your drop is.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Go to manufacture reference and make sure your auto shut off valve is installed correctly. Also where is your pressure valve located? If your pressure valve is located on the output end then of course you'll get no pressure because it is lightly restricted. If all else fails start disconnecting lines one by one and see where your drop is.

it was working for 3 months or so with 60 psi w/o pump, didn't change any settings other than changing out the filter cartilage so i'm assuming all the setting is right. i tried what you mention, it seems like the 2nd chamber drastically lowered the psi but that filter was just changed recently.

please tell me you got this fixed already!

Nope, not really.

ReefMonkey13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I was experiencing something similar a couple of weeks back. Here is what I did . . .

- removed all the filters, took a ziptie (small enough to go through all the ports and) poked through all the ports were all the filters connected to one another.

- then I let the it run with the flush out for about 30 minutes

Thats seems to have resolved my problem.

I would also check the order of your filter. If I recall correctly my filters were going from the highest micron filter to lowest.

From 10 micron to 5 then to 1.

Hope that helps . .

Good Luck

Nottick

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Our water can clog filters quick especially if they do work on the main. Try the order of filters then new filters. Possible defective filter? Membrane of filter collapsed? Don't know. I think we're all guessing at this point

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: