timberwolfny

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I been using it to control my overly high ph in my tank not too much to nuke it and as a nitrate phos reduction. been reading some add it to kalk to improve effectiveness while lowering the ph in kalk.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
There are 2 separate ideas here. One is adding vinegar to freshly mixed Kalk which enables a super saturation of the solution. I think this is what the OP was asking about.

The other is dosing vinegar as a carbon source (like Vodka) for nutrient reduction. Different purposes, and different approaches.

timberwolfny

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I am doing the same as you and you will not get cyano from vinager dosing been doing that for 2 weeks up today. you might get an bacteria bloom just like using a biopellets just make sure you skimmer is set correctly and to skim alittle wet and back off on the dosing when it blooms. vinager dosing is a way to get to low nutrient levels so in reality it is helping you get rid of the algae and cyano that needs the nitrate and phosphate read up on advance aquarist before you believe people on these forums

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
There are 2 separate ideas here. One is adding vinegar to freshly mixed Kalk which enables a super saturation of the solution. I think this is what the OP was asking about.

The other is dosing vinegar as a carbon source (like Vodka) for nutrient reduction. Different purposes, and different approaches.

Very,very,very well said. Also use the chart (google).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: