Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I had to change around the switch setting to make it work. The switch conflicts still drive me crazy! I was able to get it to work as well as add the "only at night" This was exactly what i wanted. I only wanted it to ATO at night with kalk. I was araid of it dumping it all in at once at nights out. This is what worked.

Set OFF
Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/000:06/000:30 Then ON
If Time 12:00 to 24:00 Then OFF
If Switch6 Closed Then OFF
If Switch5 OPEN Then OFF
If Switch3 OPEN Then OFF
If pH > 08.30 Then OFF

Are you trying for 6 seconds pump on every 30 minutes?

lrasser

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
yes. That is about 3/4 cup with my ato pump and only at night. Should help level PH swings at night as well. I might have to adjust this as top off adjusts but should be a good starting point.

Last edited:

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have been running Kalk thru a Avast stirrer connected to my Tunze ATO for about a year on my 700gal FOWLR. I have a very high bioload and I feed a lot so this kinda necessary as I run low salinity. There have been a few times where for one reason or another my skimmer decided to go nuts causing a continuous loss of water situation, on most uncontrolled ATO's this would be a problem The Tunze has 2 failsafes to help. The unit will only run for 10 min continuously then alarm until reset. The other failsafe is the secondary float switch I have setup to stop the ATO pump on a low sump condition and alarm. I essentially flipped around the float switch meant for unit stuck on causing an overflow condition and left the optical switch to cover the precise level. Eventually I will get an apex but for now an analog alarm is good enough for me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: