duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
I've dosed K for a long time. Used to be 20ml per week would keep my numbers at 400 to 420. The past 2 weeks my K has been dropping every few days to below 350. Seems like every other day dosing the 20ml goes up to about 380 then again gets sucked away. What could be causing my K to drop all of a sudden? I also dose fuel which has a small amount of K in it.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Which testkit are you using? I have redsea and it's a horrible kit. It takes 20 mins to get the results. I have no idea why your K is falling btw :)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Buy a Hanna checker. And how often do you do wc?

Hanna Makes a Potassium checker? I know they make a larger colorimeter (big blue one) but I don't think it can be used for saltwater. I'm going to pick up a salifert kit today.

Duke what K additive are you using?

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Hanna Makes a Potassium checker? I know they make a larger colorimeter (big blue one) but I don't think it can be used for saltwater. I'm going to pick up a salifert kit today.

Duke what K additive are you using?

Rich. The Salifert K test is an awesome kit. As easy to use as their other tests. Mine is about to expire in May. Everywhere I looked, they were out of stock. Let me know if you find one.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: