SteveZz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
It's not in my nature, I like to know facts around things like this (probably means I shouldn't have started reefing). I'd just like to avoid this in the future but I guess the solution here is going to be, massive water changes until things get back to normal and then keeping a better eye on things. Anything begins to sway it needs to be kept track of and solved with another WC or some carbon replacement.

SteveZz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I was using a hydrometer and I checked my tank water and the problem tank water. My tank had a higher salinity level but both were within range. I'm working on bringing the problem tank salinity back up.

SteveZz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
After a few months of water changes, gfo, and purigen the coral remaining in the tank is starting to spread. The tank appears to have gone through a cycle which seems a little odd to me but algae is starting to spread a bit, coralline that had bleached and died is beginning to grow again. Mushrooms which were closed are opened now. It was a pretty rough event, lost two monti caps and some other SPS in the process. Other SPS lost a few branches but there is still some life that is recovering in my tank. I'm beginning to slowly move coral that has fully recovered back into my father tank. Going to have him watch it closely and make sure everything seems to have settled before bringing the next one over.

Unfortunately I have no definitive answer as to what happened.

?\_(?)_/?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: