Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
My father is in California playing at a gig and his fiance just called to tell me that one side of his sump is dry (the side with the return pump) and the side with the fuge is full. I had her unplug the return pump and water is still going down, I had her remove about 4 gallons, but it is still making it's way down and I have NO IDEA how much water to expect to go down to the sump before the siphon breaks.

I am at home in Manhattan with my two girls and there is absolutely no way I can get to the Bronx. Is there anyone that lives near Riverdale that could go have a look? I am sure that my dad will take care of you when he gets back.

Oh, the floor definitely got wet! I have no idea how much water was lost nor do I know what the problem is. (Something block the water from flowing from the fuge to the return side?)

If you can make it please give me a call on my cellular: 917-287-5512. It is 1:24am, so please do not call me after 2:15am.

Alfred

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
That's weird if it overflowed the sump. Due to the limitations... can you have her take a picture so you can post and maybe we can solve this remotely? I feel like that would be the best option and you can walk her through it on the phone.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Trust me, she knows NOTHING about aquariums. It took me an hour to figure this much out...

I figure that something is blocking the flow between compartments in the sump. I wish I could go, but there is no way I can leave home right now.

At least two fish have died, so this must have happened pretty early (his girlfriend was at work)

Alfred

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Cool, I think that would definitely help all of us comprehend what's going on.

If you know how your dad's tank is set up that would be nice too. I would think if there's an overflow box the water would stop coming down at a certain point. Regardless of what's going on in the sump.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
It seems that the skimmer had overflowed, there is an "external" skimmer, so no way of putting the drain/return back to the sump or tank. I will have to take a look when my dad gets back to see if something can be done.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: