Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 180 gallon salt water and would love to do 6 clown fish 2types tomato or clarks our ocellris and or pink skunk what do you guys think? I do have 3 bubble tip anemone but I would like to add two more .........

Sent from my iPod touch using Reefs

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
the tomato clowns are very agressive twards other clowns.. ans all clowns are very teritorial..it may be enough room but there will almost def be fights and im sure you will loose a clown or 2 before you find a group that will be decent.. also the more agressive clowns are the females so try and keep the number of females down to 1 or as little as possible..

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Yeah, you might be able to get away with two sets of different clowns, but it's a crapshoot. I wouldn't try three. To maximize your chances, you want to put hosts for them in two seperate areas in the tank, preferably where they're blocked from view from eachother, at either end of the tank -- and then hope each takes to one set of the intended hosts. ;)

fish keeper 7

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
ive had bad experiences with clarki.. i had 2 on separate occasions, killed most of the fish in my tank, i gave one to an LFS, they had it for 6 months and it bit every person in the store, they got "rid" of it. and i flushed mine... it pissed me off... =/ lol but good luck.

i wouldnt go with 3 pairs in a 180. it could work if your lucky. but 2 pairs of the ones you want most would be a better idea imo.

petraio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Darius13 said:
I have a 180 gallon salt water and would love to do 6 clown fish 2types tomato or clarks our ocellris and or pink skunk what do you guys think? I do have 3 bubble tip anemone but I would like to add two more .........

Sent from my iPod touch using Reefs[/QUOTE
Toamtoe clown are very aggressive I had a marron in a 150 gallon took the risk and put in a tomatoe clown almost the same size, the tomatoe clown Bering a bit smal and had to take the marron out cause the tomatoe almost killed him !! Ocellaris shunk clarki can go together at same time or put the clarki in last good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I had a pair of pink skunks, and a pair of clarkies in my 6' 120 gallon with 5 anemones, along with a few other fish & eels. There were no issues. Had because my tank crashed, and among the losses I lost 2 of the clowns.;(
I also have an ocellaris & a black saddle in my reef. Again no issues.;)
I would definitely steer clear of the tomatoes & maroons.......

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: