RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Ive been throwing this around in my head for along time.

I wanna do some grasses and sargassum but was lookin for any ones tanks who might have it now to see what they do.

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
make sure you really want macro in your display, since once you put it in (especially sea grasses, calurpa, etc) you are gonna have a hell of a time getting rid of it.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Doing a fish only right now in the school's lobby. We have Bob1000's sea grass in the display. It's begun to connect its runners to the glass and rocks in the tank. I like it for now and it's not rampant so it's cool.

:)

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yes im a sure

Im trying to do a low lying reef typical of where anemones are found in the wild.

I cant find turtle grass or sargasum algea anywhere.

I dont wanna buy it and ship id rather get it from a fellow reefer.

I keep only zoas and anemones.

ari5736

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I have a refugium where I grow Bob's grass and when it overgrows I plant it in my display for the tangs to graze on. It takes the tangs a week or so to finish off a quart size bag full of the grass. I also grow sea grass in my fuge, but it is a very very slow grower, and need at least 6" of sand and lots of flow from what I have read. I have tried turtle grass and was not successful.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: