PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wanted to give a thumbs up to the guys at Aquarium Village today. Brought 2 blood and 2 cleaner shrimps from them and when I rolled up my driveway, one of the cleaner shrimps was DOA. Gave them a call and they said without hesitation to come on back and they will be happy to give me another one. Staff is great and they are very knowledgeable and friendly and they have great livestock.

Once again, Thanks to Aquarium Village and their staff.

ssminnow81

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.7%
67   3   0
Its a great store and the guys that work there are very helpful but twice the owner gave me a hard time when i asked if there was a m.r. discount. last time i went he said "i keep my prices low so i cant always give everyone a discount" he was genuinely pissed that i asked. Another time i went there one of the guys gave me the wrong price on a sun coral. He bagged it up and when i went to pay the owner looking pissed again said "thats not the price someone made a mistake" so i told him to put it back in the tank, then he mummbled to himself and gave it to me anyway. Even after my first bad experience I still used to tell everyone how much i liked this store, now i refuse.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I like going in there. Sometimes just to get some ideas and sometimes to buy.
For the longest time this area was under served by LFS so I was excited to see this one grow into a place worth shopping.
We don't always like the prices we get charged but I was always treated fairly.

ssminnow81

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.7%
67   3   0
i dont always like the prices but i do understand that this is an expensive hobby. I just want to be treated with the same respect that i give others.

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
+1 i always go there and everytime i go there its pleasure to be there. they are very helpful and they always give the right suggestion which means alot to me atleast.

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
discount

i agree with you with m/r discount, if it is advertised then "anystore" should honor the price regardless of the prices in the store. but when ever i went there and they always give me break if there is room.
Its a great store and the guys that work there are very helpful but twice the owner gave me a hard time when i asked if there was a m.r. discount. last time i went he said "i keep my prices low so i cant always give everyone a discount" he was genuinely pissed that i asked. Another time i went there one of the guys gave me the wrong price on a sun coral. He bagged it up and when i went to pay the owner looking pissed again said "thats not the price someone made a mistake" so i told him to put it back in the tank, then he mummbled to himself and gave it to me anyway. Even after my first bad experience I still used to tell everyone how much i liked this store, now i refuse.

ssminnow81

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.7%
67   3   0
its not as much about the discount as it was the attitude i got multiple times ive been there. sorry nice store but i wont go back for that reason

BBB

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
maybe it was just a bad day, usually they are very calm and helpful. Andy and Rocky always took good care of me, they are very patient. Rich is usually tending the computer and cashier but he always gave me a fair price and discount even without the mention of MR (maybe its cause I go there alot and they somewhat recognize me lol). On a side note, I would definitely feel your frustration if your coming from brooklyn though lol but trust me this store and their customer service is so much better than the likes of fishtown on northern blvd. Just saying.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Aquarium village is the best lfs around in my opinion. The people are friendly and very helpful. They do the best they can to do the right thing in an industry where livestock dying is a common occurrence.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I'm sure they appreciate MR customers but I don't think they would throw a party. I'm thinking we just all go there at the same time.
They did have an after closing night where they turned the store lights off. They may do something like that again.

PaulEZ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Did a Disco ball drop from the ceiling :D

Hopefully that's the only ball(s) that dropped! :eek: :party:

On a serious note, I have been to the store a few times and been very satisfied with their service. I bought a pair of SA Black Ice clowns from them. The pricing they listed on MR was actually a mistake by whomever posted it from store (price on tank was way higher). After some hesitation, they honored the price.

At the end of the day its a business, and like any business they have to work within their margins. In my case, I like having the ability to see the product in person and drive home with it...I'll pay a little more if need be for that service...but that's just me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: