Erics210

Experienced Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
I had a 3 inch chalice that I have had for a month or so, and was adding my new salt water for my water change today and actually had it a higher concentration to bring up my sg a point or so. I dumped the contents of the container directly into the display tank and my chalice has the under skeletono in a bunch of areas now. I guess I burned it with the salt that was undisolved ? Any chance it may bounce back or goner?

Will try and get a picture

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
If there is still tissue and the entire thing isn't burned then you may have a chance. i have a pumpkin chalice that i thought was a goner due to about 75% of it receding the last time I had a salinity issue (low!). It is now 100% healed after 2 months of growing back.i didn't do anything special. I just left it in the same spot, and fixed my salinity issue.

I've had other chalices do the same.

Erics210

Experienced Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
If there is still tissue and the entire thing isn't burned then you may have a chance. i have a pumpkin chalice that i thought was a goner due to about 75% of it receding the last time I had a salinity issue (low!). It is now 100% healed after 2 months of growing back.i didn't do anything special. I just left it in the same spot, and fixed my salinity issue.

I've had other chalices do the same.

Thanks.

Will help me sleep better.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: