seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
I was surprised this week. I have a green monticap that was encroaching on my chalice and I can see the chalice lost. So I moved my chalice. The chalice has receded and I am hoping for a comeback.

Now, a while back, my blue sponge was encroching on my green monticap, and they seemed to live well together, except that I have to trim the sponge, because it grows on top of green monti cap.

Coral warfare !!!

spearperson

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I fhind this stuff amazing - right now I have a bali slimer which is growing over the edge of a tri-color valida but at the same time losing ground to a tabling acropora (not sure what variety) - also have a orange cap that is losing to that same tabling acro and winning against a pink birdsnest and all 3 corals are losing to a particulary agressive pavona... someone should create a flow chart of this stuff.

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Mike,

Yes, this is yours. I was so surprised. I have been watching the green monti cap and chalice for a while, getting closer to each other. Never saw a problem, until they touched. Short time later, chalice started to receed. I move chalice and still saw some more receeding. I have not seen a come back yet, as it has only been 1 week since the move.

Mike and other reefers,

I know, you have a great tank. Do you trim your pieces often and how often do you relocate things, etc. Like, I have several corals touching each other, that do fine. Such as candy cane and gorgonian live nice together, they just keep their space apart naturally. So like in this instance, the monti cap and chalice can not touch. What are your thoughts.

Thank you,

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
I do trim mine once in awhile because I know certain species will fight and usually it's the more expensive piece that loses..LOL, but I have others that just grow around each other....that green monti cap is swirling with an orange cap. I have a green and a pink pocillopora growing into each other ....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: