boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So if I ally went all out for the apex and soon to add on the atk. Got everything up and running and was feeling much better consistently knowing my key parameters and being alerted should anything major go wrong.

That lasted about 1 day in as the controller started dropping WiFi and losing fusion connectivity. Then today the unit goes out per usual and when I come home I find the energy bar flashing orange and the base unit flashing from green to pink to orange. I call apex and we?ve determined I?ll need to RMA. For something I was so excited about and seen as so critical and costly what a piece of junk.

Any opinions or similar issues on this?

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
I think it?s Best to get this issue sorted out early than when it?s out of warranty .

I haven?t heard many complains about their Op systems it?s actually completely revamped and super user friendly , I?ve installed a few of these and it?s a breez compare to back in the day with all the port forwarding and router port and so on.

Either way it?s technology it?s under warranty so let them take care of it and make it right.

boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Have a cross ship going right now for a new base unit. Overall their support had been as good as can be expected. Hopefully this will be the last major issue I have!

Aside from the issue I found it to be very intuitive and amazing for peace of mind (even though I only have a 21g).

I do agree with the technology point but i never found myself with similar priced technology essentially being doa. Possibly comes down to the scale of most other items.

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
That really sucks and is very disappointing.
On the other hand, I've had my apex since 11/2011. Since then I had to RMA a malfunctioning apex head unit, and a malfunctioning EB8. I've added modules to it and mostly saved me from many tank disasters.

When I put it in perspective I've been using the same system for about 7 years with a few non-critical malfunctions. There are many electronics that I have had to replace at earlier intervals, or company stops supporting.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: