looking to frag a big leather but not sure how - Reefs.com

Home  / Forums  / Global Forums  / Coral Farming  /  looking to frag a big leather but not sure how
looking to frag a big leather but not sure how
02-03-2017, 12:36 PM
This thing is getting very big So i wanted to take 2 chunks off it. Do I cut the arm off then superglue it to a post or do I just hold it there untill it adhears itself with a rubber band
Attached Thumbnails

The All Powerful OZ
02-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Just take a pair of scissors and cut off the arm or a selection. Super gluing isn't going to work, you can stick it inside of a cervices in a rock or take a rubber band and wrap it around a piece of rock. In time it will attached to the rock. If you can take the coral out of the water when you're fragging it that would be better, as a lot of times it will release a lot of junk into the water.

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before they speak.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

It is far easier to fool people than to show them that they've been fooled.

02-03-2017, 12:55 PM
100% agree. Very easy to do. You can also use a scalpel or razor blade if needed.

02-03-2017, 12:56 PM
Yes I can remove it. I was gonna take a razor blade but if scissors will work better I'll do that. I'll try to rubber band it to a piece of rubble rock thankyou!!

02-03-2017, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscpaint View Post
Yes I can remove it. I was gonna take a razor blade but if scissors will work better I'll do that. I'll try to rubber band it to a piece of rubble rock thankyou!!
Razor will work fine. Make sure to use a fresh one nice and sharp, and cut the piece in one motion so you leave the flesh nice and smooth vs jagged.

02-03-2017, 01:03 PM
Thankyou also should I cut as close to the base as possible or leave some arm?