rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I found this about hammers/torch,etc... I DIDNT KNOW THIS

To help prevent disease, be careful not to damage the coral while handling and avoid housing with hermit crabs that can irritate the coral's soft tissue.

Though not frequent or terribly common, larger colonies of these corals have been known to spawn in aquariums. Sometimes spawning events can cause major changes in aquarium pH and/or otherwise threaten water quality.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I found this about hammers/torch,etc... I DIDNT KNOW THIS

To help prevent disease, be careful not to damage the coral while handling and avoid housing with hermit crabs that can irritate the coral's soft tissue.

Though not frequent or terribly common, larger colonies of these corals have been known to spawn in aquariums. Sometimes spawning events can cause major changes in aquarium pH and/or otherwise threaten water quality.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0

quot-bot-left.gif

I'd say the hermit crab advice is suspect at best and the spawning warning so unlikely as to not be worth mentioning. Anyone here ever see or hear of a Euphyllia species spawning in a home aquarium? Anyone ever have one damaged by a hermit crab?

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0

quot-bot-left.gif

I'd say the hermit crab advice is suspect at best and the spawning warning so unlikely as to not be worth mentioning. Anyone here ever see or hear of a Euphyllia species spawning in a home aquarium? Anyone ever have one damaged by a hermit crab?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: