Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
fffmnewnew.jpg

Jon from CTARS here!
Just letting you guys know about the Frag Farmer's Market I am running at the school that I teach at. I run a coral propagation project at the school in northeast CT(~1200+ gallons and growing!). I have a bunch of local "farmers" who will be setting up tanks to sell their stuff. You should be able to pick up anything from mushrooms and softies to high end SPS and LPS frags. The whole idea is to offer a venue for all of us to stock our tank with the more eco-friendly aquacultured specimens, plus we all love cheap frags!!! I know it is a bit of a drive but should be worth it! We ran this last year and it went great and we would love to have you come out for it!

I do have some space left if anyone is interested in setting up a tank at the event. Just let me know before the 14th! You can contact me at Reefcentral (Fitch4) or via email at [email protected] if you are interested or have questions!
Thanks-
Jon

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Why don't you guys car pool and make a day of it? We are right on Uconn's main campus in Storrs and there are some decent rest/bars around you could visit!

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Well the place that we have our frag swap isn't free nor is the food and drinks that we supply. Also you need to take into account that most, if not all, of the speakers don't live in the area, so it costs money to bring them in. And there are plenty of other expenses that go into putting one of these together, not to mention the time of people, Mods & Volunteers, that go into putting one of these things together.

Also consider that our board is free, especially since you're not a donor.

Last edited:

nybb1001

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the place that we have our frag swap isn't free nor is the food and drinks that we supply. Also you need to take into account that most, if not all, of the speakers don't live in the area, so it costs money to bring them in. And there are plenty of other expenses that go into putting one of these together, not to mention the time of people, Mods & Volunteers, that go into putting one of these things together.

Also consider that our board is free, especially since you're not a donor.

OK, I will keep my mouth shut since I am not a donor.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: