Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
so my favia and chalice had a fight today while I was away and my favia lost. my small frag of favia I recently got was tipped close to the chalice piece by a snail or hermit and was touching the entire day. Now I'm only left w/ half of the favia. The other half turned brown and mucus was surrounded it. tahnk god nothing else in the tank was affected nearby.. phew.

It's time to secure everything so the snails would stop moving things. ugh.. sad to see such a beautiful piece gone ;(

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
i moved it to a frag rack, but i doubt it'll heal it looks bad. good thing it didnt touch anything else. didnt know chalices are that aggresive.

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Is that the blue favia u just got from me?... sorry to hear your lost.

yup it was the beautiful blue red favia, jsut when it got use to my tank last night i loved the colors under LED then its destroyed. =( I still have two heads left but it doesnt look good. , i put it high up on a rack hopefully, nothing knocks it down.

Btw, where u get ur disk?

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Don't give up. I had a candycane get burnt by a mushroom and half the head was gone and it did not take that long for it to heal and come back. LPS in general are hardy.

thanks for the motivation. i moved it up to a frag rack and since then its been slowly healing the remaining polyps are looking good but the burnt side is just brown.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: