MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
xl_1243107724_a89337e428549ea10a5fd9f9449d5792.jpg

xl_1243107689_8a278e681a56337effe7671b215c50f8.jpg

this is a strawberry monti. I got it yesterday from Manhattan Aquariums yesterday. when i got it it was a tad bleached, looked like it was very recently cut.

Is this beyond saving? or should I just let it heal up for a week or two? Im worried I wasted money on this thing.

its suppose to look like this:

_DSC0973.jpg

premilove

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my rainbow monti was worse..it was about 10-15% alive before i decided to move it to the tank..the skin looked like someone took a potato peeler too the skeleton. right now its growing back, but not completely healed..i think you should place the monti as high as you can and away from all other corals.

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
the hydno didnt string it. its still about 3 inches away.

the frag is still pretty fresh cut, you can tell from the jagged edges. I have it about 4" from the water line. its getting tons of light. I have a pokerstar I beat the crap out of and it came back - but it wasnt as bad as this. Cant wait till it colors up though, its a great peice.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I've hyad monties that were way worse of then yours and they have recoverred and look great.... Don't give up on it..

Could be just mine, but mine do better in lower light. I had to move mine down to middle to bottom of the tank. I run 3 - 250 watt MH just for reference..

Best wishes with it.....

BTW, why did you purchase it if you didn't think it would live?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: