fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
So about 2 months ago I decided to buy a purple nana and the top portions of it were pretty purple and now the color has gone down and I have no idea how to get it to color back up. Its a 75 gal tank, I have it on a rock and it is near the top of the tank with some good side flow from my powerheads. I have 2x175w MH with 20k bulbs, my calcium is a little low its only at about 300 but I have been dosing B-Ionic calcium every other day. What else can I do to get this to color up so that it starts looking like a "purple" nana.

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
A little more on the phosphate side about o.o7.. and a stable light period and low nitrates.. My nana was purple all the way to the base andabout a 12" square monster colony on one stalk with about 4o something tops.. Before I sold it.. Now I'm regerting it.. Try to get a Kedd's nana frag the other don't color up as well.. Also you need 400 watt halids 12k

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
A little more on the phosphate side about o.o7.. and a stable light period and low nitrates.. My nana was purple all the way to the base andabout a 12" square monster colony on one stalk with about 4o something tops.. Before I sold it.. Now I'm regerting it.. Try to get a Kedd's nana frag the other don't color up as well.. Also you need 400 watt halids 12k
Wait so I have to buy 400 watt MH just so I can keep this coral colored well? Isn't that a little overkill?

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Wait so I have to buy 400 watt MH just so I can keep this coral colored well? Isn't that a little overkill?
yes it can be overkill for your tank, 175watt should be fine, PN like high light, so once you get your parimeters right, start to raise it in your tank abit. how old are your bulbs. also check the coral for pest. they can brown a coral out

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: