Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Update...

I treated the system with 3 of the largest interceptor tabs Tuesday night. It seems to be helping a little... I notices some of the chalices that were flat are now puffy again and some that were puffy are now flat. The funny thing is whatever it is it's selective and only affecting about 5 percent of my chalice population and from reading the thread at RC, it's weird that none of the 60 acans that I have were affected. Will do a large water change when I get back tonight and run some carbon through the system. Expecting a shipment of Interceptor by next week.

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Update...

So far so good. Only lost about 5 chalices from the stock of over 100. Starting to see the tissue grow back over the skeleton and the chalices look alot more puffier. Recently I've been adding Korallin's PO4 Minus to the system which uses the protein skimmer to export the phospates. This along with a 50 gallon water change last week is helping the chalices recover. Will treat again with Interceptor at 4 times the recommended dosage to kill any leftover nuisances.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: