IFoundNemo

and I put him in my tank
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I am looking for some tips on how to maximize the growth of my zoo/zoa colonies. I have many different kinds- brown buttons, green stars, fire and ice, zombie eyes, encrusted pagoda polyps, and a few others I have no idea what they are called.
The tank is a 14 biocube. There is about 20 pounds of live rock. The light is on 9 hours a day. I do a regular water change of 1 gallon every 7 days. I use essential elements and nano A/b. The tank has been up a little over a year, and I put in new pc bulbs last week.
Tips please!

Last edited:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Zoanthids can be fed, however, it would more than likely just screw up your water. I think you could up your lighting. Zoanthids like a strong light source. I have placed the same coral in several different locations throughout the tank(depth not length/width), and have found on most occasions that the zoa will grow faster at higher levels, fairly consistantly amongst the few different species I have moved around.

If money is no object get some LEDS, they have the best positive to negative payoff. LED's are very strong, dont add much heat, use little energy, and last longest, however; they have the highest cost when first purchased. T5's or Mh are next best, but Mh adds to much heat and has high energy costs, and T5's are not as strong as MH's

Also, LED's can be synced up with controllers(not sure which companies do it) to simulate storms/etc, but truth be told, that may not be beneficial to the tank, but its very cool.

Good luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: