triggerhappy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Torch coral i got about a month ago looked happy and was flowing nice. yesterday i noticed that it is receding on one side. everything else in tank os doing well. could this be due to starvation? i have not spot fed any corals in two weeks or high nitrates? i am currently removing bio balls from wet dry and replacing with rubble
46 Gallon Bow PC lights 24" 96W 10K and Acitinic.
Tank parameters
temp: 77
Amonia:0
Nitrites:0
Nitrate: was 20 did a water change now 10
PH: 8.4
Calcium:520
have not tested for phospate in two weeks but was at 1.0
any tjhoughts would help out. Thanks

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
It could have been your nitrate that you droped down to ten also is there any thing around the tourch that is making it close up how is the flow in the tank is the flow direct on the coral. Please post a picture. Have you moved the coral in the past month of having it or no. :tub:

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
posting a pic is most helpful - and it's probably not feeding - that would affect the whole thing if it affects it at all. more likley flow or aggravation from something else on that side.

A picture is worth a thousand words!

triggerhappy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
will post pic when i get home. I have a hammer in the tank also he is nice an open. there is no other coral around it sting it. as far as flow coral is in the front of tank i have a koralia 3 behind pointing up but flow hits glass and and goes and rocks and than hits the torch. i can see the skeleton on a half of torch the other half they are fully extended. but you are right a picture is worth a thousand words.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: