nickxx4360

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have a anchor hammer in a 26 bow with only 48 watts of t5 bulbs( generic current bulbs) and it doing fine. then tank is 18" deep the hammer is in the middle. I get plenty of streemers from the hammer. I dont even run a skimmer. I notice it wont look as full if I wait 2 weeks for a water change so I would check your water quality. I do a water every week.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Well, its been a while and not much has changed as far as the hammer goes. Does not look worse but has not improved. So far I have slanted it as suggested. I also got a second 65w PC. After a couple weeks I decided to go with T5's. So as of Sunday I have 96w of T5 ( and a couple people got a good buy on 2 24inch 65w pc lights). So I will wait 2 weeks and take another picture and we can decide if it is improving.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Well, it is 2 and a half months later and here is how it looks. It actually got worse than this and now seems to be improving but at this point I think it is still worse than it was.

Attachments

• 100_2013.jpg
    100_2013.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 206

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Basiab, any chance you can post an FTS? As well as the parameters in this tank?
It doesn't loook good, but at least it is still a life.:)
What ph, and where is there flow directed? I have 4 - #4 Koralias all pointed up towards the water surface along with the flow coming from my 2 return pumps - Eheim 1260 & Iwaki WRLT 40. So plenty of flow, but definitely not directed at any coral.

Don't know if that helps, just thought I'd throw that out there.:)

C

CrashGibson

Rating - 100%
182   0   0
If it is still in the same location as the first post, then I would suggest that it is chemical warfare between your other corals that are touching it. Give it room to breath away from other inhabitants.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
It is not the same place and now it is pretty far from anything else. Maybe I have been moving it too much trying to find a good place. I am going to leave it here and hope for the best. My branching hammers are all doing fine as well as my candycanes. I will post another picture in 4 weeks.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
well, it is gone. Not a single polyp left. It still in my tank and a number of small pipe worms are on it. Thanks to all who gave advice.

My first picture also had a yellow clown goby. It only lasted a week. It seemed to be eating and looked fine but one morning it was dead. The neon goby in that picture died last night. He was over 3 years old which is old for that fish. He even looked old in that he was no longer straight and was getting very thin.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: