flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
bethzb i was just stating actually i quoted and added a little additional info.
only reason cause you stated your corals are brown. in my opinion and what knowledge i have about corals the lower the levels of nitrates and po4 the more color you will get. trust me my corals and fish are well fed tons of food. i am a strong believer in feeding but with feeding you need to export more of the nutrients cause once the food hits the sand corals cant get it hence why i said more water changes. you would be surprised what color will come out with a little more frequent water change using rodi. you would also be putting in the right trace elements without having to dose them.
just my 2 cents

by the way i'm in ardsley and only use elos test kits you are more than welcome to stop by and i will test them for you

rick

Salty Dog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
ok I have a tank loaded with SPS and last month they were all brown and looked like crap, I just put in all new ballasts (IceCaps) 4 new halide bulbs, 4 new 39w actinics and a T-5 retro fit kit. My water is low on nutrients so I new it had to be the lights. Well now after 40 days My corals are jumping with bright color and growth. Im back!

Chaeck your lights, and water quality

bethzb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I have a tank loaded with SPS and last month they were all brown and looked like crap, I just put in all new ballasts (IceCaps) 4 new halide bulbs, 4 new 39w actinics and a T-5 retro fit kit. My water is low on nutrients so I new it had to be the lights. Well now after 40 days My corals are jumping with bright color and growth. Im back!

Chaeck your lights, and water quality

That makes me feel better since rumor has it my honey is getting me LED's for X-Mas. Fingers crossed.

bethzb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LED's have worked quite well. Actually, I am having a rather alarming growth rate with some of my corals. Galxy has spread by 2 inches all around. I have to cut four or five heads off of my Euphylia so that it will still fit where it is placed. The acans are splitting. All is well :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: