Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jon from the E.O. Smith Coral Project here up in Storrs CT (and from CTARS)! As some of you know I have organized and run the Frag Farmer's Market up at the school I teach at in CT for the past few years and here is the information for the FFM for this coming spring. Sorry for the late info but it has been a BUSY winter at the school. Hopefully people people can still save the date and arrange for carpools to come up! The market is not a "meeting" of any group per se, but rather a chance for reefers to get together and sell/buy aquacultured frags. My motivation for running it is two-fold. 1. All the "buy in" funds go directly to fund the 1200+ gallons of salt water I maintain at the school so kids can do work on coral aquaculture. I am working on getting our website back up and running and will post the link when I get it back online. 2. I started the whole project at the school because I feel like it is our responsibility as reefers to make sure that the hobby becomes self sustaining. I feel that aquaculture is going to be key. The FFM offers a venue for people to stock their tanks with aquacultured corals and encourages hobbyists to frags thier stuff and make it available to other reefers.
FFM2011copy.jpg

The FFM has grown each year and we anticipate it to continue to grow. We had a TON of the corals that people brought and over 100 people who came to look and buy (I never get a count, sorry!). We had people from all over New England and the northeast travel up last year. It is a great chance to make a few $ for your reefing habit (we all know it is not a hobby...) or a chance to get some VERY nice home grown frags for very reasonable prices. We had everything from mushrooms and zoas to high end SPS and LPS.
If you would like to sign up to sell your stuff, let me know. I am doing the same deal as past years, a $25 donation to the school project to set up a tank. I will provide counter space, a powerstrip and heated water if you need it. I also have a few tanks (10's, 15's and 20's) that people are welcome to use but it is first paid in get dibs on them. You can pay me at via Paypal at [email protected] or send it via snail mail if you'd rather. If you have questions about the FFM, or just want to chat, feel free to PM me here, email me, or PM me (Fitch4) on reefcentral.

FYI-The school is about 1/2 hour east of hartford just a hop off I-84. It is a bit of a haul for you guys but it is a great chance to either sell some of your frags or buy some!
Thanks and happy farming!
Jon

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: