A

Anonymous

http://youtu.be/BuFy2a7SpAA

Anyone have an idea what it is? Mantis shrimp, lobster, whatever? About 3" long, has only been seen for about a week or two, even though no new rock or sand has been added for years. I told her to try to trap it or say goodbye to her fishies.

A

Anonymous

Looks like maybe some sort of pistol shrimp - pretty big though.

A

Anonymous

Aaaaahhhhhhgggggg! my eyeies! bad cruel, topside light! Mean green girl tricks us!

A

Anonymous

I'd agree with the other guys - Pistol shrimp. If you hear what sounds like glass breaking, you'll know for sure! :P

A

Anonymous

Thanks, peoples! So her fishies will be safe with this guy in there? Hope so, cuz she loves him!

A

Anonymous

I had a bullseye pistol for years...no issues...he loved mysis shrimp!

A

Anonymous

They should be fine esp assuming the shrimp has been in the tank for a good while without causing a problem. Ask her is she ever hears any snapping or popping.

A

Anonymous

greenighs":14os6a8f said:
Thanks, peoples! So her fishies will be safe with this guy in there? Hope so, cuz she loves him!
yes, its quite common for pistol shrimp to pair up with certain goby species and become "roomates" - the Goby will "stand guard" while the shrimp digs out a burrow for the pair to live in.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: