lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
So, I was researching dosing containers. I was looking at the bubble magus and a few nice ones on eBay, when I was at work and saw the 1.5l SmartWater bottle I was drinking...they were the perfect bottle if I could only get the label off and start clean. Well, some cooking oil took the residue right off and now I have some nice little canisters.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351950922.175735.jpg

I plan on drilling holes in the cap and gluing in an airline coupler in one hole and attaching rigid tube to the inside and the other hold for air to get in.

I would also like to label the bottles with the chemical and also make graduated markings... but I'd like it to look professional. Was thinking either vinyl lettering or transparent printed labels..anyone have any suggestions for that part?

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
You looking for storage for your doser? or just some bottles to hold stuff while you manually dose?

If its for a doser then what you have is fine. Two holes on top, one airline going to the doser, and the other airline for air. If you want something for manual dosing then get yourself some push pumps for the bottles. The pump mechanism should fit good enough on top of those if you like those bottles.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Its for automated dosing. Gonna do exactly what you said. I'll be controlling two dosing pumps with my ReefAngel and getting the pre-portioned 2-part starter package from BRS. That comes with dispensing pumps for their jugs. But no room in my stand for 1 gallon containers. I will dose the magnesium by hand.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I haven't seen any glass water bottles, but I will keep my eye out and save the vinyl lettering for those. I'll make a nice stencil and use a sharpie and try for a clean result. Waiting still on my pumps and my supplements which I'm getting for the holidays. Also getting Salifert test kits at the swap since my API are a pain to use...for now, just water changes!

turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
arts and craft stores have good bottle selections believe or not.. dont know where you are at but a.c.moore has cool bottles many different sizes.. thats in linden nj right off the 1n9 but canal street in manhattan should have them as well like plastic land and theres another spot on church st between canal st and white st.. my 2 cents

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: