mrdobie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
I'm starting this thread just to share a couple of things that make my reefing experiance a little bit easier.

Hello!
mrdobie shared an album with you.

View Album, http://s50.photobucket.com/user/mrdobie/library/
These are 3 things that make it easier. The most expensive is the hose i use to do water changes ($12.00)

The grabber i got at harbor frieght ($3.00)
!
And last is a fork on the end of a wooden dowel. We all loos or move thing in our tanks ($1.00 for dowel .fork $0.25 at garage sale.

Please add your tips and tricks
Thanks

Last edited:

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Heres my water change device i made out of some pvc.

It hooks over the top of the tank and comes down to about mid way down the tank. Allows water to be siphoned out of the tank without causing a strong suction that can catch fish (yes it happened several times to me where i ripped some scales off of a fish when they got stuck to the tube). Ball valves allow draining and refilling to done relatively quickly.

Attachments

• water change.jpg
    water change.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 385

jlm080307

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0

It hooks over the top of the tank and comes down to about mid way down the tank. Allows water to be siphoned out of the tank without causing a strong suction that can catch fish (yes it happened several times to me where i ripped some scales off of a fish when they got stuck to the tube). Ball valves allow draining and refilling to done relatively quickly.
That looks cool. How does it work?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
That looks cool. How does it work?

theres a vinyl tubing connected to both barbed fittings. straight down is to drain into an empty 32 gallon brute. coming out the side the tubing goes to a mag 7 in a 32 brute with fresh mixed saltwater.

close off ball valve to pump, open ball valve to empty brute. Suck end to start siphon. Drain tank to desired level, close ball valve to drain, open ball valve to pump and turn on pump. I have my pump on a remote control outlet so i click a button to turn it on. Because once you open the valve to the pump, the water from tank will begin siphoning out of tank into the fresh mixed salt container. If you dont have an easy way to slip the pump on, then Id say turn on the pump with both valves closed when you want to fill tank, then open the valve

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0

copying for sure! great idea

jlm080307

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
theres a vinyl tubing connected to both barbed fittings. straight down is to drain into an empty 32 gallon brute. coming out the side the tubing goes to a mag 7 in a 32 brute with fresh mixed saltwater.

close off ball valve to pump, open ball valve to empty brute. Suck end to start siphon. Drain tank to desired level, close ball valve to drain, open ball valve to pump and turn on pump. I have my pump on a remote control outlet so i click a button to turn it on. Because once you open the valve to the pump, the water from tank will begin siphoning out of tank into the fresh mixed salt container. If you dont have an easy way to slip the pump on, then Id say turn on the pump with both valves closed when you want to fill tank, then open the valve
That's pretty cool. Definitely copying this!

IBernE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Did you glue this in the corners? kind of looks like you did. do you really have to?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: