meschaefer

One to Ignore
This is a great idea, and the only way to find out if it can work is to start at it. If you haven't already, you must read this article, and this thread.

Being offered.

Acropora nana- You will receive a one inch frag of Acropora Nana that has started to branch at the tip. This is an excellent starter SPS as it is somewhat easy to keep alive, but difficult in my experience to get to color up properly. This particular specimen was given to me by Calireef as a small colony almost two years ago. He actually gave me two small colonies, I gave this one to HAVIC, who returned it to me when my tank crashed.

It came back to my tank somewhat browned out, and has started to color up. I have also noticed that some of the polyps have started to turn green. So potentially a purple acro with green polyps, which is not all that unusual for a. nana.

Rules.

1. You must offer a frag of something (does not have to be SPS) to Mr. DBTC before you pick it up.
2. You must pick it up from me, I am generally only available after 8 on weekdays and live in Astoria.
3. If I lose the mother colony, you must offer me a frag.
4. I have final say on who gets the coral, some things I will generally consider (but dont have to) in making my decision are the following; your experience and ability to keep the coral alive, and the length of time and the level of your involvement with MR.
5. I can change the rules of this offering.
6. And finally you must offer all future frags of this coral as MR DBTC and require all to whom you give it, to do the same.

POST ONLY IN THIS THREAD, NO PM UNLESS I CONTACT YOU.

PICS OF COLONY WILL BE UP TONIGHT

Last edited:

meschaefer

One to Ignore
The first is a picture of the "mother" colony, two months ago there was very little purple but as you can see the color is starting to come it. Color came in first on new growth, but has started to spread to the rest of the colony.

Pictures taken under 10K MH, no actinics or supplementation.

nanacolony.jpg

The next pic is a close up of one of the newer branches that has really colored up nicely, I expect the entire colony to pic up this color over the next few months.

nanaclose.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: