Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
So I noticed some stray current in my tank....zzzzaaap...and was able to narrow it down to my sump return's float switch. I included some pics...hoping someone close by has one I can buy/rent until I find a new one somewhere....or if someone knows a local LRS that has one.
THANK YOU

Attachments

• 20170107_203725.jpg
    20170107_203725.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 291
  • 20170107_203735.jpg
    20170107_203735.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 363

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
If you are looking for just a regular float switch I should have one floating around. Im in College Point after work Astoria/Manhattan during work 7am-6pm if that works for you? No LFS near you that carries one?

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Thanks but thats not my issue. If i lose my siphon into my sump my DT overflows, hence the need for a float switch

Sorry to say but that is a serious recipe for disaster. Something is terribly wrong with your plumbing if you need a float switch to prevent a flood.

If you could describe and/or post pix of your plumbing I'm sure there will be numerous people here to offer their opinions.

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
That's not a bad idea. I'll take pics of the setup soon. Probably on a different thread tho, b/c I still need that switch in the meantime. It's a simple in/out system that uses a U Bend siphon and overflow box from DT to sump and then pump back up, with valve. I've had issues with some flooding since I bought the setup from a friend, however, so a change may be in order.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have a couple of hang on overflow boxes that don't have a u tube. They do need an aqualifter pump to make sure any air comes out, which may stop the siphon. Had these running on tanks for years with no issues.
Could also drill your tank, have a bit and some bulkheads to make that happen.

You can have the hang on overflow set up for free. I'm in valley stream ny. Pm me your # if interested.

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
When i used to run my first tank like that i bought mine from lifereef which claims their system never had siphon fail. Thats their moto. Its pricey. Ut i had for a year never had a problem i might have this lying around simewhere aswell

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yeah Man. A drilled tank doesn't depend on a siphon, so much safer. A hang on overflow box without a u tube has a way to keep air out so siphon won't fail. A u tube overflow, if it gets enough air in it will fail.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: