Navada718

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in need of some assistance, is any one willing to let me test my new refractometer, that I just calibrated, on their tank water, so I can make sure I did it right. This is my 1st time using one & I want to get it right. I reside in Brooklyn & am willing to travel. I would really appreciate it if someone would assist me with this since I want to get my 1st saltwater aquarium running this weekend. Thanks.

duromega

Fish Hoarder
Staff member
Manhattan Reefs
Real Reefer
Supporter
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
maybe you can go to any of the local fish stores around you and test their water.

welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay.

usctom

Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
101   0   0
I stopped using calibration fluid. I had a couple at one point and none of them were the same. Now I just check with RO water. This isn’t perfect but will get you close.

Some of those bulk reef refractometers need to be checked often. The one I have atm seems to be good for a month. The last one I had hardly ever needed to be checked.

Navada718

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped using calibration fluid. I had a couple at one point and none of them were the same. Now I just check with RO water. This isn’t perfect but will get you close.

Some of those bulk reef refractometers need to be checked often. The one I have atm seems to be good for a month. The last one I had hardly ever needed to be checked.
Thanks for the info. So when using RO water, what indicator mark do use to if it's calibrated?