jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I finally cleaned my injectors...WOW what a difference. The skimmer is going nutz right now.

DSCN0986.jpg

S

sparkysreef

Rating - 100%
346   0   0
updated pics of my ETSS 800

PICT0233.jpg

macro shot of lower riser below first flange from above pic

PICT0234.jpg

Jonathan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My turn......

Here's my current skimmer.......H&S A110. Its fantastic. I've had an ASM, aqua c and they dont even compare. The bubbles are so tiny. I have 2 fish (GSM and a yellow coris wrasse) and this is all the skimmate i get in about 4-5 days, but my waters crystal clear. I stopped running ROWAphos about 2 weeks ago but i still get 0.00 phosphates with a tunze high sensitivity phosphate test kit.
k0mryx.jpg

I'm replacing it for a few reasons.
1) I need an in sump skimmer as I need to put my calcium reactor where it is b/c the girlfriend says everything has to go in the stand when i move in with her in a few months.
2)I'm an equipment dork. I really wanted to try the new tunze skimmers.
3)I really think the H&S was just way too much for my system. My nutrients are too low and my sps are showing it. So I'm going to add a few more fish and try a smaller skimmer.

Jonathan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The replacement

Tunze 9005, it just got here today. I was going to go with the 9010, but I saw a 9005 in the selling forum on RC so I wanted to save a little cash while I could. The in-sump kit gets here on wednesday. So I'll get it hooked up then, and post some pics of its progress.
k0mu01.jpg

Jonathan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i really like the 9005. I get the same amount of skimmate as with the H&S, but its totally silent (no water splashing out of the output like the h&s), and its easier to get wetter skimmate. If my tank was larger and had a higher bioload the h&S would be better, but for me the 9005 works great.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Jon, what size is your tank? How many fish? How often do you feed? What is your nitrate + phosphate level?
I'm trying to get a idea of how powerful the tunze skimmers are.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well I wasn't happy with the amount of bubbles/foam my SVS24 was producing with the Mag 9.5 / Stock venturi. So I ordered a Sedra 9000 Needle Wheel pump and gave it a shot.

Mag 9.5 = 950gph
Sedra 9000 = 900gph Needle Wheel

Here is a side by side comparison:
SVS24compare.jpg

I tried various methods to see which way produced more bubbles:

Sedra with Sedra Venturi:
First I ran the Sedra with it's own Venturi and blocked off the LifeReef stock Venturi. This gave me lots of fine bubbles, but the water movement seemed to slow down, less turbulance in the main chamber.

Sedra with Lifereef Venturi:
Next I closed the Sedra venturi and used the LifeReef Stock Venturi, as I figured, same result as the Mag 9,5. Low bubbles head, larger bubbles but lots of movement.

Sedra with both Venturis:
Well this was the winner! Lots of water movement and tons of fine bubbles. Took me a little bit to get the skimmer tuned in, and I get a bunch of excess micro bubbles from the output. The bubble issue was resolved with a 100m filter bag.

Rich

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Only about 2 hours... so Skimate not really.

However the bubbles are super fine as is the foam which rises over the top when I raised the water level.

Rich

Jonathan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jackson,
I have a 40g breeder (36x18x16) and a 15g sump, net volume of water is around 50g.
I have a GSM and a yellow coris wrasse. undetectable nitrates and undetectable phosphates with a tunze high sensitivity phosphate test kit.

ereefic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a custom MRC Recirculating Beckett, between a MR-4R and MR-6R. Total height is 44" tall. Recirculating pump is a GRI 520 and 2-1" drains are feeding the skimmer.

3bc57c38.jpg

This is after about 6 hrs. after cleaning.
4ad7da41.jpg

8eaa1e97.jpg

This is after 21 hrs.
d27598db.jpg

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Ereefic thanks for the addition. How does this compare to a regularly run beckett? What would you list as the pros and cons of this recirc. beckett?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: