ereefic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ran an MR-1 with Gen-X 6000 and i've ran an MR-2 with a Gen-X 8500 and a PCX-55. Both with single injectors.

I was running the MR-2 with the PCX-55 before upgrading to the current recir. skimmer. The system volume is about 375 gal. and HEAVILY stocked. It is 2 displays (210gal. and 45gal.) connected to a common sump, fuge and growout tank. I was experiencing some cyano problems in the 45 gal., the 210 was spotless. After hooking up the new skimmer, within a week the cyano was gone.

I've been running the skimmer for about 2 months and just now think i've finally got it dialed in really well with the results seen above. I was only getting about half of that previously.

PROS: Adjustable to your desired skimmate, easy maintanence, quality construction

CONS: Feeding from overflows can clog up the injectors much more regularly so more maintanence is needed.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
wow ereefic, that's a serious mod you did to that skimmer.

it looks amazing!

welcome to manhattan reefs by the way, this is the first time I saw one of your posts :)

ereefic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks jhale. I generally don't post much on club specific boards, but followed the link from Jackson, and figured you folks wouldn't mind.

Jackson, there is no prefilter or anything. Straight from the overflow to the skimmer. The biggest problem is bubble algae from the 45 gal., kinda got lots of it in there.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
ereefic said:
Thanks jhale. I generally don't post much on club specific boards, but followed the link from Jackson, and figured you folks wouldn't mind.

yep, understand that :) Thanks for sharing the skimmer though.
that's definitely what Jackson/Rich likes to see.

I thought I recognized your name from RC, I'll see you in the SPS forum :D,
that's about the only place I look at on RC these days, lol.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Check this out

i think I found my next skimer :)

Skimmer2.jpg

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
It is a needle wheel but I would imagine this skimmer would cost far too much to make it feasible. This is a custom made model by GEO $$$$$ I would rather run my beckett then wait for 3 years in save electrical costs to add up.
That is an impressive cloud of bubbles though :)

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
dartskimmer4Medium.jpg

2ndwheeltestMedium.jpg

the skimmer is run by a sequence dart 160 watts at 40SCH that's alot btw more then any BK.

the skimmer is around 100 gallon and yes it's a needlewheel pump, and yes it kicks rich's little MR-2

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
What's with the skinny neck + rim around the inside of the collection cup? All the air injection in the world wont matter if you limit the foams ability to get up and over into the collection cup.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: