gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Hi, Jawwad
nice skimming. Looks like you put it external. Did you have have a hard time to setting it up? Can I see some piture of your drainning from the skimmer?

Thanks,

Last edited:

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
gforce6 said:
Hi, Jamal
nice skimming. Looks like you put it external. Did you have have a hard time to setting it up? Can I see some piture of your drainning from the skimmer?

Thanks,
lmao hahaha, the name is jawwad, and sure, you can see some pics of the skimmer's drain, I am going to go take pics right now. Actually I didn't have a hard time setting the skimmer up at all.

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Here is the output, sorry I took so long.

Attachments

• 000_1153.JPG
    000_1153.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,945

gegema

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
hey Jung,

I'm interested in the "San't Marine" lmk what you find out about the skimmer! I might be interested in your group buy! do you have a link?

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Thanks, Jawwad.

I see it now. Does your water level in your skimmer changes? if your filter socks gets clogged, even if you have hole in the elbow.

I'm interested in the "San't Marine" lmk what you find out about the skimmer! I might be interested in your group buy! do you have a link?

I sent him a e-mail about group buy. Will see what happen.

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
gforce6 said:
Thanks, Jawwad.

I see it now. Does your water level in your skimmer changes? if your filter socks gets clogged, even if you have hole in the elbow.

I sent him a e-mail about group buy. Will see what happen.
No, so far it never has. The skimmer level is constant, and the foaming is constant as well. The only time the foaming impedes is when the collection cup tower is covered with thick scum.

stingnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
H&S External Skimmer (A150-F2001) with AquaBee 2001/38w Pump

Pros - Energy efficient, very easy to use and dail in. Can easily be set to wet or dry skim.

Cons - Price ($650)

CIMG0242.jpg

th_CIMG0243.jpg
th_CIMG0244.jpg

Last edited:

FastUno

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
How long have you had that skimmer?
Does it ever overflow from the top, lets say if you use super glue or epoxy, or any other water altering condition?

How is the noise & vibration off that skimmer? Can you feel or hear it? Make much noise?

stingnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
FastUno said:
In essence that is a lower model Deltec skimmer. Doesn't look like there is much of a difference.

its actually good for its price compared to the Deltec APF 600. They similar ranked skimmers, but this is how they stack up:

A150
Max Capacity 225g
Pump: AquaBee 2001
Total Power Usage: 38w
Diameter: 6"
Height: 26"
Footprint: 7"x16"
Price $650

APF600
Max Capacity 270g
Pump: Aqua-Bee 2000/1
Total Power Usage: 21 watts
Diameter: 5"
Height: 23.5"
Footprint: 8.5"x11"
Price $815

you get more for your money with H&S, plus the plastic used is much nicer then Deltec.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Steve,
The Deltec uses translucent PVC vs cell cast acrylic. Takes more abuse.
APF600 & AP600 has the same body size. The APF600 has a larger collection cup, larger outflow piping and the next size up aquabee, IMO not worth the $230 difference.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: