Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
:irked:Arggh, NYC...NYC, someone stole most, if not all, my pond fish! :mad:

There's a lot of cats around but I don't think they can dive in to catch them in just 2 days. My fish don't come up to the surface either.

I need an alarm and video cam for my pond(better yet the whole premise) but my alarm would go off all the time because the flock of cats in the neighborhood.

I wonder would a burglar disguise as a delivery man?:headache:

Last edited:

Treef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
my dad as well as my neighbor had all his koi eaten by a heron or something like it, this was in queens and the island. they went through the nets they put up apparently

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
We have about 12 nice size koi. We had a heron take out 5 within 2 days. Even with a fake bird statue and the motion sensor scare crow.

I'm sorry for your loss though. We were heart broken when we saw our koi missing. We had them for 3 years...

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
We have about 12 nice size koi. We had a heron take out 5 within 2 days. Even with a fake bird statue and the motion sensor scare crow.

I'm sorry for your loss though. We were heart broken when we saw our koi missing. We had them for 3 years...

Clearly the fake bird statue is too fake.:scratchch
or
it's too real and attractive to the heron:flirt:

Jzhou

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0

One of my uncles used the same method back in 94 when herons were attacking his pond. But his statues were 5ft tall cranes.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
well, we had one in their, and it worked for several years. we moved it around the pong once a month too. i think the real bird finally got the picture it was fake. after the damn bird ate our fish, we got another one, extremely realistic. its actually scarry lol. we move it once a week. and i have to make sure the heron does not get excited if it sees this one, im sure the real birds eyes its an attractive female heron lol. so far its been 2 months and no bird back....yet...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: