howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The Japonica (algae) Shrimp would be just fine but if they are small enough I am pretty sure that the Ghosts will go after them. Never kept crystals but I think they are smaller too right? As long as they are about the same size they should be OK.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Yo can mix Neocaridina species but as stated before, they will interbreed and it's up to you if it bothers you or not. I've kept RCS with Amano without problems, but I wouldn't keep them with glass shrimps as they'll probably be eaten. Crystal Reds and morphs need to be kept in cooler water.

partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
thanks smoq
well honestly the ones I wanted to add are the Amano. Im going to be over in the city tomorrow close to the union sq petland Ill see what they have. What temp should the water be? Right now I have it at 75 and they seem to be doing fine

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
75 is good for most ornamental shrimps, but Crystal reds cannot be kept for a long time in 78+ water, while RCS and Amanos feel like home in that temp. Petco at union square should have amanos, if you want RCS you can go to Pacific on Delancey or order them from one of the members on plantedtank.net (very cost-effective and I did it several times without problem).

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
thanks smoq
well honestly the ones I wanted to add are the Amano. Im going to be over in the city tomorrow close to the union sq petland Ill see what they have. What temp should the water be? Right now I have it at 75 and they seem to be doing fine
If you are going to Pacific Friday, I may be there too. I can also walk you to Win where sometimes they have interesting shrimps too.

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Here's a shrimp compatibilty chart that may help you out.
http://www.planetinverts.com/Will%20These%20Shrimp%20Interbreed.html
It's mostly for Genus Neocaridina and Caridina. Generally you can't mix shrimps with the same genus as they may likely interbreed and give out a wild type offspring thus loosing the colors that have been selectively bred.
You can mix in the amano's with them not fearing any interbreeding.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: