grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Well it's official and now I can actually say I'm a retired reefer!!!! :splitspin It took about a year but all the livestock is sold and the tank is finally torn down. I had a good run but it really is time to go. I met alot of great people and learned alot from this site and it's members. Plenty of members also came through in times of need. That's the part of this community I loved!!!! The swaps were great too. My leaving is because I just don't have time anymore. I started like almost everyone here with a fish only tank and slowly grew confident enough to start a reef tank with the hopes of one day upgrading but all along the way I endured a few mini crashes. The last one forced me to set up a cube in my basement temporarily with plans to go bigger and move the tank upstairs again but that was a year and half ago. During that time I would see my tank for 5 minutes a day if that due to my lifestyle. I get home late and leave almost every weekend combining that with a few vacations a year with the family. It's been almost a week and a half without a tank and I'm happy to say I don't miss it. I know alot of people will say "You will be back!!" but I actually don't think that will happen. The stress of not worrying about what will happen when I'm away is enough to keep me from coming back.
I THANK YOU ALL again and wish you all the best of luck with your tanks.:)
Now if I can only find time to take pictures of my equiptment so I can sell it!! :lol2:

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Harry,

It's been fun! Hope you'll return one day soon... in the meantime, let's get rid of that equipment so you can put it towards the Nikkor Beast; you haven't gotten it yet have you!? You know where to find me if needed... ;)

All the best.
Steve

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Harry,

It's been fun! Hope you'll return one day soon... in the meantime, let's get rid of that equipment so you can put it towards the Nikkor Beast; you haven't gotten it yet have you!? You know where to find me if needed... ;)

All the best.
Steve
Yes it has. I have no regrets!! I have met some really good people yourself included :eek:
I bought that beast awhile back. The last installment of the Nikon trinity is on my radar. Last week in Aruba I went to Boolchands but they didn't have it.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Yes it has. I have no regrets!! I have met some really good people yourself included :eek:
I bought that beast awhile back. The last installment of the Nikon trinity is on my radar. Last week in Aruba I went to Boolchands but they didn't have it.

The pleasure is all mine, friend. :teeth: You on your 3rd piece of the Holy Trinity!? Which two do you have? Go you! I've decided to go full frame (D800 on the horizon) first before I get my 2nd part of the Trinity (14-24mm).

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Harry, I had already started missing you!;( I hope you don't forget us! Please give my love to the girls!:hug::kiss::hug:
When ever you & the girls come out this, or just want to stop by please do so!!! I consider you a great friend, and will be very upset to loose your friendship.
Be well my friend, may God bless you & the girls greatly! May He always be by your sides!!

With much love!

Awilda:grouphug:

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
The pleasure is all mine, friend. :teeth: You on your 3rd piece of the Holy Trinity!? Which two do you have? Go you! I've decided to go full frame (D800 on the horizon) first before I get my 2nd part of the Trinity (14-24mm).
Same here Steve. I just need the 70-200mm. As far as the full frame I say go for it whenever it comes out. I will send you a list of stuff recently aquired :)

Harry,

You will sorely be missed - best of luck, Buddy.
Thanks Eric!
Harry, I had already started missing you!;( I hope you don't forget us! Please give my love to the girls!:hug::kiss::hug:
When ever you & the girls come out this, or just want to stop by please do so!!! I consider you a great friend, and will be very upset to loose your friendship.
Be well my friend, may God bless you & the girls greatly! May He always be by your sides!!

With much love!

Awilda:grouphug:
Thanks Awilda. I will tell my girls and if I'm ever in the area I'll stop by :)
So will we meet in the swap at least?
Hey Wingo you never know. I can always stop by just to chat with everyone
come on Harry come back already! I've the 75g and another 30g cube waiting for ya. we need to talk about reef too not just photography!
Steve you have helped so much already. I can always stop by if you want.:)

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Harry, best of luck with your newfound time. It'll probably afford you the ability to do some fun family things, worry free :) I've long wondered what that would be like.

Russ
Thanks Russ. It was great meeting you. The problem was I was spending all my time with family and other things all the while neglecting my tank guilt free. That alone is reason to say "I think it's time to pack it all in." No more water changes worrying about water parameters and the list goes on.... I'm FREE!!!
I'm just going to be a lurker from now.

Harry! Can't believe you let me beat you to retirement :lol2: Like Master said, best of luck with your new found time!
Hey Kris didn't you like retire 10X already??? :lol2:

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: