Rating - 85.7%
18   3   0
This is getting absurd my nitrates are at 0 and phosphates are at 0.08

I'm running a skimmer with it filling up every 4 days or brown water

Dosing vodka but very low amount because I have 1 fish now and few coral I restarted my tank

Doing no/po tests every two to three days

Feeding only fish twice a day and only flakes I make sure he eats everything

Light are one for 12 hours and bulbs are old but can that really be the problem??

Flow sould be stronger in the tank

Have a huge ball of cheeto in the sump/ refuge

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Well, no matter how much you filtering with chemical/physical media, you can't compete with algae, which evolution has forced to have the most efficient mechanism for nutrient uptake. Survival of the fittest. I ran a few thought experiments on how much GFO to use to prevent algae growth and I concluded I can't. Biological uptake using enzymes out classes chemical uptake. Like trying to compare photosynthesis with solar panels.

Get a tang or 2-3 dozen hermit crabs.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Adam ,u read "0" Nitrate, 0.08 PO4 water column, now need time ,for u rocks to be clean, the Nitrate (+ PO4) from u rocks, feed the H.A. U protein Skimmer will work hard for next few months.

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
FA665AA9-594B-4173-A9D7-D1C3B0F79A64-1060-000000B5C2CFB9DC_zps4f4d766e.mp4

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Are you using DI with your RO water change. If so do you have a TDS meter so you have a zero reading. Next change bulbs. You must run GFO along with carbon. Next clean up crew like stated will also help. Add more current and cut feeding down to once. Root of problem to much nurtients are feed your hair algae. With GFO change every 3weeks for first 2 months and you will see a drop in your phosphate .

Rating - 100%
227   0   0
algae explodes by excess nutrients and/or light. maybe you can make an algae scrubber in your sump/fuge and increase your nutrient export. do you have space for a small tang? i had a kole & blue hippo that cleared my GHA & bryopsis until i found out my Mg was too low.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: