lskywalker5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Growing corals is not my thing --- Button polyps don't even grow for me. I have had that frag for 4 months now. Whats your guys secret to grow any coral (My parameters are in check: ammonia 0, Nitrate 10ppm, nitrite 0, calcium 350, ph 8.3, I do 10 % water change every week, and it is a 15 gallon with 2 bulb t5HO) My nem is growing like crazy though.

NOTE: I haven't lost any polyps

Bikeboss11

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
IMO corals tend to react to our system differently and some take longer to acclimate than others.... Sometimes it is as simple as changing its location in the tank to ignite its growth pattern..... the mere fact that you are not loosing polyps is a good sign..... so just give it time and as Rob said, raise you calcium a bit, keep your perimeters in check and eventually it will grow... Good luck

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
zoas aren't going to take up too much (if any) Calcium as they're not hard corals and have no skeleton. LPS and SPS DO take up calcium. Softies don't really.

Stability, light, and appropriate nutrient levels are more important. Some people direct feed and some don't.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: