PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see a few posts people stating what their water pressure is from their faucet. I went to Lowes and they said the only way to know the water pressure was using a pressure gauge on the outside spigot. I brought one and the pressure from my spigot was 93 psi.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
They may make faucet gauges, but I doubt it because the spouts on faucets come in a few different sizes and male or female threads unlike most spigots which the majority are 5/8" garden hose size....you can call a plumbing suppply like Blackman etc.. to ask ....You can probably use your gauge, but it's alittle work hunting down the right adapter.....just remove the aerator off the faucet and look to see if it's male or female threaded and the size. They do make a couple of different adapters to connect a garden hoses to faucets...

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
drs foster sells the faucet adapter for the python water changer $4.99. goes from aerator thread to garden hose i have one. remove aerator and screw in adaptor.
if your kitchen is on the first floor it will be the same pressure.

PhoenixOne

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Found it. Checked it and.....wow. Pressure coming out of the kitchen faucet is 120 psi as opposed to 93 psi on the outside spigot. I figure it may have something to do with...ugh, my brain is blank right now. Whatever it's called what happens to water pressure when it goes from a larger pipe into a smaller one.

Thanks Edd bringing up the Python adapters!

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
thats strange that its higher. you sure no one was using the water when you checked outside. pipe size doesn't matter when everything is closed pressure should be the same, but it will affect flow.

PhoenixOne

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah I'm 100% positive no one was using the water. I'm going outside and check it once more.

Edit: Just checked and it's 100 psi. 7 higher than a few days ago. Must be due to a slight rise in the neighborhood pressure.

Last edited:

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
glad to see it worked out.....the pressure will fluctuate alittle depending on a number of factors....I'm on the end of the line in my water district and my pressure is crap...I can't even take a shower when the sprinklers are on...LOL

+1 your pressure will be what ever the main pressure is. all depends on how many people are using water.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: