mheaven

Master Member...
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
Hello everyone, I'm looking for those plastic 1/4" check valves used for calcium/Kalk reactors. I'm trying to find some good quality ones, not the cheap eBay ones.
If anyone has any good recommendations please let me know.
Thanks
Danny.

Last edited:

mheaven

Master Member...
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
But are you using it for water or air?
They don't specify what application.

In my application I will be using it as water safety so my cal reactor doesn't drain in a power failure.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
But are you using it for water or air?
They don't specify what application.

In my application I will be using it as water safety so my cal reactor doesn't drain in a power failure.

its used to let co2 flow one direction, but won't let water past ck valve in other direction towards regulator.

mheaven

Master Member...
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
Edd I know how a check valve works. I'm just trying to make sure it could work for water application, you know not let water drain out of a calcium reactor/Kalk reactor chamber.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Edd I know how a check valve works. I'm just trying to make sure it could work for water application, you know not let water drain out of a calcium reactor/Kalk reactor chamber.

sorry you took it the wrong way. i wasn't implying you don't know how it works, what i was implying was that its used for water on one side and air on the other. so figured it can be used for either, to answer your question.

mheaven

Master Member...
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
So I was finally able to contact Jeff from MTC about adding a check valve to there Calcium reactor. He recommended not to install a check valve.
The reactor needs to be at the same lvl as the sump as per the manufacturer.

This isn't going to work in my application as I have the reactor about 8" above the water line of the sump.
So I may just try to run it with the check valve anyways. My end ogle here is to prevent my reactor from draining out of water in the case of a power failure to the reactor pump.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: