Fourevrloud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
What is the trick I see everyone with there acans fully oped and happy.
I buy them happy I bring them home and the don't open all the way I don't get it I tried different areas of the tank nothing
What are you feeding Mabey that's it can't figure them out and Ik there not hard to take care of :banghead::banghead::

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
246   0   0
I've always had the same problem. In a mixed reef, I can keep similar corals like favias, wellsos, lobo, scoly but for some reason can't keep acans. They never fully open for me no matter what combination of light/flow I give them.

Mark2480

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
I didn't have any luck with them until someone told me to shade them, so I put them under a branch rock so that they didn't get any direct light and now they are all opened and have doubled in number. I guess I had to much light for them even on the sand bed.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Try to target feed every now and then, lower light, and not too much flow. Honestly I have 4 mini colonies in the same spot on my sand bed and only 3 consistently open huge the 4th is puffy but on the Skeleton while the others look like they want to float off. Btw I don't target feed,mainly because my hermits just run a muck on them. Good Luck also make sure your not moving them around too quickly or drastically.

Rating - 100%
227   0   0
i keep them on sandbed under med flow. i have a "dirty" lps & sofies tank. i feed the fishes directly above them and when they poop, the acans get a nice "treat." i turn off pumps and supplement with phyto and seafood chum mix (mysis, FBS, shrimp, nori, plaankton, squid)!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 145

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: