ichthyogeek

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm doing a little bit of research on how best to set up my fish space/racks, and part of my goal is to set up a fish breeding rack. I've been looking at kreisels for a while, and recently remembered the FusedJaw fish bowl article (I can't find it but it used to exist).

Anyways, so that led me to looking at fish bowl's to see how many would fit in a 10 gallon tank. The answer is ~ four of these . 4 1 gallon fish bowls at around 8" high and 8" long and 4.5" wide, fit in a 20"x10"x12" tank somehow. I'm confused. Very confused. This is like that TedX Riddle except I'm still bad at riddles. Can somebody explain this?

Adamantium

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, I couldn't tell you the exact reasons for it, but just use a volume calculator. The main reason is likely because the bowl has a lot of unused space, being round, so it takes up more area than a rectangular tank. But it checks out if you just use a simple volume calculator.

A4edwin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
water by itself would fill every corner of the tank. A bowl has a curve therefore losing the ability to fill the corners. Also you have to account for the space the glass of the bowl takes up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: