PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey my fellow reefers. It's been quite a long time since I've posted on my beloved Manhattan Reefs forum. Tank has been doing well for 16 years as well as my 16 year old Gold Bar Maroon Clown and Yellow tang. I'm very proud that they have lived so long and are healthy as the day that I got them when they were as small as a quarter. My Hippo tang made it to 12 years but started to get emaciated no matter how much she ate and finally gave her last breath 4 years ago. She was my first. Rest in peace Doree. You had one heck of a personality and was a pest as well.

As the thread title says, I'm looking to buy a 90 gallon stand 25 to 30" tall for a 48 1/2" long x 18 1/2" deep AGA tank with removable side panels in Oak or similar color. I've searched manufacturers online and I can't seem to find one that sells what im looking for. I unable to build my own and unable to reach under the cabinet to do maintenance anymore because sad to say a year ago I was diagnose with the big "C". Underwent a surgery called the Whipple Procedure and I have been "C" free since then but the surgery and having been undergoing preventative chemo to make sure nothing was left behind, which as many of you know, chemo kicks the living **** out of you and weakens you to where getting out of bed in the morning is a painful task on its own. So my wife has taken over the duties of maintenance but would like to return to doing them myself because it gives me something to do as I enjoyed doing it and upgrading my stand would make the task so much simpler especially with removable side panels, I can finally remove my sump, upgrade it and upgrade my skimmer to a better one that will have the head room for the new one to fit.

So if anyone knows where I can purchase one, it would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks to all and hope MR members are all doing well!
Sergio.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I believe you can get a carpenter to build this for you, they can look at the photos and easily figure it out, it's a classic design. less than $100 in materials, and you can pay the carpenter whatever fees to build, stain and varnish it. This is a 40 breeder under a 75 gallon. Side panels and doors optional. The canopy can be build with an opening for your specific fixture.
Excluded from this photo build are the extra center braces you can see in the completed photo, under the tanks. Personally built this in one weekend, and the height is set at counter height 36" so I have plenty of room underneath. You can set it to which ever height you want.

Attachments

• material.jpg
    material.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 32
  • built.jpg
    built.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 34
  • assembled.jpg
    assembled.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 33
  • cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 33

tsouth

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd encourage you to consider piecing together an extruded aluminum stand. Mine comes in at 48 x 18 but houses a 37 gallon shallow tank. The first picture is there to give you an idea of how wide open the spacing is. The second and third show how modular it can be where you can add pieces here and there.

You can attach panels with https://button-fix.com/

60221308637__8B654E79-2EEE-45D7-B93C-4C7CB4768FA6.JPG63581129761__D3EB3534-E458-44B4-90C8-0816B0B0CE04.jpeg63581133709__74487B3A-A7B0-4513-AB91-8090A779A021.jpeg

PhoenixOne

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please accept my apologies on such a LATE response. I had a hard time loading Manhattan reefs for the past few days and side effects from chemo knocking me on my ass for several days. Thank you both for responding to my post. Homegrown, a center brace is not needed? Is it because it's enough support to hold a 75 gallon where a center brace isn't needed? What do you think? Will my 90 gallon AGA need a center brace? I would absolutely LOVE if I can get away without a center brace because there will be no need for removable side panels. You built this in one weekend? Bravo! Love the craftsmanship! Looks very sturdy! With this design, you can attach nicely designed magnetic covers! I absolutely love it! Great job! This is what I'm looking for! Wish I was as gifted as you.

Tsouth,
What's the maximum tank size an Aluminum stand? I'm wary of one slight bulk in one of the legs would end up catastrophic.
Where do they sell them?

Thanks!

tsouth

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know companies like https://www.framingtech.com/solutions/aquarium-stands/ will plan one out and build it for you, and then ship and have you assemble it. You can go bigggggg with these. Places like Tidal gardens and LRO use these stands for their frag tanks in stores. You can check out tidal gardens on their stands in this video:

FYI you can save a lot of money building yourself but it takes time and investment understanding the fasteners and what not. An off the shelf solution like framing tech will cost you roughly 2.5x than what you would pay if you bought at say tnutz.com

I cannot recommend these enough. 10/10 parts, and the modularity is just incredible as you can add soooo much to them. Check out 80/20.net for more research.

PhoenixOne

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tsouth,
This....is....AMAZING! Thank you so very much for the info. Going to look into this and see what they can come up with.
Once again, thank you! ?????

And thank you as well homegrown. I'm also going to look to see if I can find a carpenter so he or she can give me some ideas and a price.

PhoenixOne

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all.
It's been a while since my post and I am still looking for a custom aquarium stand. After finishing chemo, post chemo side effects kicked in and has been kicking my ass worse than the chemo itself. Barely able to do much physical activities because of it. Basically, I'm unable to put together a stand from Tidal or let alone build a DIY stand. I have asked some carpenters about building a stand and frustrated with how many "sure, I can build you one no problem. Give me your number and I'll get back to you"....and never getting back to me. ?. Called them a few times and left VMs. Never got back to me.
So, I'm here once again asking if there are any Carpenters that are available to quote me a price on building a stand for my 90 gallon AGA (48 1/2 x 18 1/2"). I would prefer, if possible, a stand without a center brace so I can remove sump for maintenance and high enough where I have extra needed head clearance. Current max stand height is 28" high with 25" max height access opening. Would like a 30" max height stand with 28" max opening with panels and doors.
Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: