cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Anyone with a 1.5 to 3 years old Oceans Motions 4 way?

What's your experience with them? Do they get stuck in one position in your setup?

I purchased one 3 years ago, had it on my cube tank for a little over a year. It has been in storage inside my house for the last 1.5 years and I just took it out to clean it before putting it back on my cube tank.

Here is what I found when I took it apart:

OceansMotions20090921_02.JPG

OceansMotions20090921_03.JPG

OceansMotions20090921_06.JPG

OceansMotions20090921_07.JPG

Looks like the magnets are rusted and are poping out of the potting compound/epoxy, the chrome plating on the motor side is also rusting\flaking.

You guys may want to pop open your OM 4ways to see if this is happening to you too. I emailed Paul tonight, hope he get me some answers tomorrow... :( another set back in the ever lasting journey in getting my tanks set up after the move. :irked:

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I had one on my 120 without any problems. periodically I would clean the revolutions, just to keep them kink free ( coraline growth). the unit itself was problem free, even when I finally opened it up to do some maintenance. you may have it too close to moisture, in that case I would recommend that you check it on a regular schedule just to prevent failure. ask paul for some lubrication and make it part of a maintenance schedule. great product by the way.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: