Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
What do you think a fair price is for a QT'ed and eating Red Sea regal? I realize I have not looked at pricing in about two years for fish in general. But I am being offered one for what is well over 3x what the fish was selling for two years ago...

Caseyoidae

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think 250 would be a great price, 350-450 would be fair considering all that’s going on. But would expect to see them asking more considering it’s qt’d. I saw one at Petco in Poughkeepsie last year for $120. Not Red Sea, qt’d and probably a fluke thing but it happens. I personally would wait for one to pop up on here. Some great deals lately on larger fish have been popping up.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
In my opinion and experience a Red Sea Regal or any type of Regal angel is one of the most difficult fish to get healthy and eating.

If it is truly disease free and eating then it is going to cost you big bucks and I’m sure the seller knows this.

But to play devils advocate how do you really know it is disease free?

Good luck!

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
In my opinion and experience a Red Sea Regal or any type of Regal angel is one of the most difficult fish to get healthy and eating.

If it is truly disease free and eating then it is going to cost you big bucks and I’m sure the seller knows this.

But to play devils advocate how do you really know it is disease free?

Good luck!

About two years ago you could get a Red Sea regal for about $125. Now I see more Indo regals but the prices are easily double for Red Sea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
About two years ago you could get a Red Sea regal for about $125. Now I see more Indo regals but the prices are easily double for Red Sea.

I have learned to stop comparing yesterday’s prices to today’s. Everything in this hobby has gotten expensive now and even more so with the pandemic going on the fish shipments are limited.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Also some sellers claim to sell Red Sea Regal when they are actually Indian Ocean. Both have yellow belly so a bit difficult to tell them apart.

Don’t see as much Red Sea stuff as I used to. I have my list of fish I want and will just have to be patient for them to show up. I only want to buy QT’ed or those from established systems because I just don’t have room nor the emotional stamina to deal with my wife, to set up a QT system.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: