jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I've been looking for a place to buy sand for my new tank and since I'm in Suffolk, most vendors I've found are precluded barring high shipping charges but I found a guy local to here ( Farmingville ) who is selling the stuff. I've never organized a group buy but if anyone is interested, let me know. Pickup would be at his place in Farmingville ( since I dont know how much I can fit in my car ) and his prices are as follows:

Figi Pink Reef Sand 40lb bag- $30ea (+tax)
Aragonite Seaflor Special GradeReef Sand 40ls bag- $28ea
Aragamax Select Sand 30lb bag- $25ea
Aragamax (sugar size) Sand 30lb bag- $20ea
To see what they look like:
http://caribsea.com/pages/products/dry_aragonite.html

5 or more bags- $5off
10 or more bags- $10off

If enough people are interested, or we're buying larger quantities, I'll ask him if we can get a bigger discount.

Last edited:

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
to clear things up ... IS IT: 5$ off 5 bags + or is it 5$ off EACH bag of 5 +

i think its the first is that right?

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I emailed the vendor and this was his reply:

" The indo pacific only comes in the live sand, not dry sand , but I can get it.
40 lbs. - $40,
It would be $5 off the total price of 5 bags. "

I am assuming the same is true for 10 bags. I dont know if this is a good enough deal for anyone not local but its the cheapest I've found locally. With online vendors, the prices have been very similar but once shipping is factored in, the prices jumped alot. I plan on putting in an order by the end of the week and picking up over the weekend or early next week. If anyone wants to jump on the order, let me know. Once all orders are in, I will see if we can get a better price and then I'll ask everyone to paypal me the price and I will put in the order and let you know where/when pickup is ( it will be at Farmingville at the vendor's house, so he'll probably want us all there at the same time ).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: